Tuesday, February 12, 2019

"Your Grandmother Loved Sam Cooke"



Hey Dude, while having lunch with my dad at the Smoke House to celebrate my mom's birthday, I mentioned that I watched the Sam Cooke documentary, which unlocked a few clues about my mysterious grandmother.

PEOPLE: Charles Kuralt

MUSICIANS: Bob Dylan

SONGS: You Send Me, Blowin' in the Wind, A Change is Gonna Come

PLACES: Warner Bros., Camarillo State Mental Institution, Burbank

THINGS: CBS Sunday Morning, Rhythm and Blues, Civil Rights, Mob, saxophone, flapper, Jazz Age, Pick's Disease

PHOTO: "My Sax Playing Grandmother" shot on my iPhone5

SOUNDS: Cool Jazz, dogs, birds

RECORDED: February 11, 2019 on the observation deck at the Zane Grey Estate in Altadena, California

DISCLAIMER/WARNING: Proudly present rough, raw and ragged. Seasoned with salty language and ideas. Not for most people's taste. Please be advised

No comments: